Exemption for the use of floodplains: granted
In areas designated as floodplains, a derogation is required for the following measures:
- the construction or extension of structures,
- the erection of walls, ramparts or similar structures perpendicular to the direction of flow of water in the event of flooding,
- the application and deposition of substances hazardous to water on the soil, unless the substances may be used in the context of proper agriculture and forestry,
- the deposition of objects that can obstruct the drainage of water or that can be washed away, not only for a short time,
- raising or deepening the earth's surface,
- the creation of tree and shrub plantings, insofar as these conflict with the objectives of precautionary flood protection,
- the conversion of grassland into arable land, and
- the conversion of riparian forest into another type of use.
Who should I contact?
The responsibility lies with the district and the district-free city.
Which documents are required?
Documents may be required. Please contact the competent authority.
What are the fees?
Fees may apply, please contact the competent authority.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
Deadlines may have to be observed. Please contact the competent authority.
Text reviewed by the Lower Saxony Ministry for the Environment, Energy and Climate Protection
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.