Registration certificate Part II Replacement
There is no general obligation to exchange the old vehicle registration document for the new registration certificate Part II. However, there must be no juxtaposition of old and new papers for a vehicle. It is automatically exchanged if a new vehicle registration document has to be issued anyway, e.g. because it has been lost. This is independent of whether the old vehicle registration document is still available or not. The vehicle registration document is validated and replaced by the registration certificate Part II .
For data protection reasons, the previous owners (keepers) of a vehicle are no longer traceable by name, with the exception of the last pre-owner (in contrast to the old vehicle registration document). Instead, only the date of the first admission and the number of keepers are entered. From the third keeper of the vehicle, for each additional subsequent person holding the vehicle (i.e. the fifth, the seventh, etc. Person) issued a new document upon admission.
Who should I contact?
The responsibility lies with the district, with the district-free city and with the municipality, joint municipality and city entrusted with this task.
The main residence according to the identity card is decisive. In the case of legal persons, this is the registered office of the main establishment or the registered office of the branch.
Which documents are required?
- Current identity card or passport with confirmation of registration – not older than 3 months
- Vehicle registration certificate or registration certificate Part I
- SEPA direct debit mandate for the collection of motor vehicle tax
- This must be submitted in writing in the original signed by the holder upon admission, also by third parties. In the event of a different account holder, this mandate must be signed in the original by the holder and the account holder. The bank details provided must be proven.
- a certificate stating that the Hauptzollamt renounces the direct debit authorisation, or
- proof of exemption
in the case of execution by third parties additionally:
- informal, written authorisation of the applicant and identity card of the person for whom the vehicle is to be registered
for companies additionally:
- Excerpt from the commercial register and business registration in the original or in certified copy
for clubs additionally:
- Excerpt from the register of associations in the original or in certified copy
for underage vehicle owners additionally:
- written consent and identity cards of the legal guardian
in case of loss or theft of the vehicle registration document or the registration certificate Part II:
- Affidavit in lieu of an oath
- Theft report
What are the fees?
Fees may apply. Please contact the relevant authority.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
Deadlines may have to be observed. Please contact the competent authority.
Technically approved by
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.