License plates Exchange for Euro plates
You can exchange your old registration number for a euro number plate (with a blue border).
The exchange can be made by you or a person authorized by you.
Who should I contact?
The responsibility lies with the district and the independent city in which you have your residence.
The main residence according to the identity card is decisive. In the case of legal persons, it is the registered office of the main establishment or the registered office of the branch.
Which documents are required?
- Current identity card or passport with confirmation of registration – not older than 3 months
- Registration certificate Part I
- Test report of the last valid main inspection (HU); is not applicable to vehicles in accordance with § 29 paragraph 10 of the Road Traffic Licensing Regulations (StVZO),
- whose first technical inspection was not yet due or
- where the due date of the next technical inspection for the competent body is evident from another official document
- Previous license plates for de-stamping
in the case of execution by third parties additionally:
- informal, written authorisation of the applicant and identity card of the person for whom the vehicle is to be registered
for companies additionally:
- Excerpt from the trade register or commercial register
- the identity papers of the responsible person authorised to sign (managing director, authorised signatory) and their power of attorney
What are the fees?
Fees apply. Please contact the relevant authority.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
Deadlines may have to be observed. Please contact the competent authority.
Technically approved by
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.