Driving licence: issuance - passenger transport
If you want to transport passengers in taxis, rental cars, ambulances or cars on regular services, to commercial excursions or to holiday destinations, you need a driving licence for passenger transport in addition to the general driving licence.
(See also: Passenger transport: authorise - transport)
- Taking the necessary exams
Who should I contact?
The responsibility lies with the administrative district and the district-free city in which the main residence is.
Which documents are required?
- Photo ID (identity card, passport)
- Proof of possession of an EU/EEA driving licence (for taxi class B within the last 5 years at least 2 years and for ambulance class B within the last 5 years at least 1 year)
- Registration certificate from the registration office responsible for the main residence, if no identity card can be presented
- a photograph (biometric) that complies with the provisions of the Passport Ordinance of 19 October 2007 (Federal Law Gazette I p. 2007, 2386)
- Opinion of an ophthalmologist
- Report on physical and mental fitness
- Proof of compliance with the special requirements (Annex 5 No. 2.2 FeV)
- Proof of 1st aid (only for ambulances)
- Certificate of good conductstating the purpose of "issue of a licence for the carriage of passengers". This must be applied for at the municipality, joint municipality and city responsible for the main residence.
What are the fees?
Emission: 13,00 EURPayment in advance: NoIssuance of the certificate of good conduct of the authorities
Emission: 38,00 EURPayment in advance: NoRenewal of a passenger licence
Fee: 42,60 EURPayment in advance: NoFirst issue of a passenger licence
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
Deadlines may have to be observed. Please contact the competent authority.
Applications / forms
The application must be made in person.
Text checked by the Lower Saxony Ministry of Economic Affairs, Labour and Transport
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.