Driver Qualification Certificate Exhibition
Within the European Union, road safety is to be improved. Therefore, self-employed and employed drivers who carry out road haulage or passenger transport on public roads must prove a special qualification.
In addition to the required driving licence, drivers must acquire a basic qualification to enter the profession.
Please apply for the Driver Qualification Certificate (FQN) in writing. The competent authority may require you to hold preliminary discussions in person. Please inform yourself in advance on the homepage of the driving licence office responsible for you. There you will also find information about the documents you need.
Upon receipt of the application, you will receive an invoice for the application fees.
After payment of the application fees and examination of the documents, the competent authority has a driver qualification certificate produced by Bundesdruckerei.
Bundesdruckerei will send you the driver's qualification certificate.
Who should I contact?
The responsibility lies with the Hanover region, the districts and independent cities (driving licence offices).
- Possession of a driving licence in categories C1, C1E, C, CE, D1, D1E, D or DE
Which documents are required?
- Copy of proof of identity (including identity card, passport, electr. Residence permit)
- Current biometrics-compatible photograph, in passport format (45 x 35 mm) in portrait format, frontal shot without border, without headgear and without covering the eyes
- Copy of previous driving licence
- Proof of initial qualification, accelerated initial qualification or continuing education
- Proof of other completed special education and training measures within the meaning of the Professional Driver Qualification Ordinance (training on the inland transport of dangerous goods for drivers or training on the protection of animals during transport), if these are to be taken into account,
- In case of issue due to change: proof of the corresponding change
What are the fees?
Fees are charged in accordance with the scale of charges for road transport measures (GebOSt). The amount of the fees results from the cost tariff of the annex to the GebOSt.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
You should inform yourself in good time before the code number 95 in your driving licence expires at the driving licence office responsible for you, for example, whether an appointment is required for a personal appearance and how much lead time is necessary.
What else should I know?
The driver qualification certificate replaces the entry of the key number "95" in the driving licence.
Technically approved by
Lower Saxony Ministry of Economic Affairs, Labour, Transport and Digitalisation
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.