Please enter a search term.

Your selected location: Emsland

For an area outside of Lower Saxony and foreign languages, some menu items and functions are not available. Please go to the service page of the respective country.

Apply for a subsidy from the Jobcenter for internship allowances for young people who are to be prepared for in-company vocational training as part of an entry-level qualification

With the entry-level qualification, you can prepare young people who have already decided on a specific profession for an apprenticeship in your company. As part of a paid internship, they are introduced to the future training content and can demonstrate their skills.

You can apply for a monthly subsidy of up to EUR 262.00 plus a flat-rate share of the average total social security contribution for the internship allowance.

In terms of content, the internship should be based on the future training occupation. You should also aim to take on the intern in your company.

The following are eligible:

  • training applicants registered with the Employment Agency with limited placement prospects for individual reasons, who do not have a training place even after the nationwide follow-up placement campaigns,
  • training seekers who do not yet have the necessary training maturity and
  • People with learning disabilities and socially disadvantaged people seeking training

This also applies to young persons entitled to benefits who are able to work and who receive benefits from the Jobcentre under the basic provision for jobseekers.

As a rule, funding begins on 1.10 of each year at the earliest. In principle, it is possible to start the measure early from 1.8.

Process flow

You must apply for the subsidy for the entry-level qualification in writing:

  • Determine the internship content, duration, remuneration and eligibility criteria for the participants and report the open offer to your chamber and your employment agency.
  • You will then receive information about a provisional funding commitment.
  • If your prospective interns do not receive any benefits from the Jobcenter, ask them to register with the Employment Agency. This is the only way to check whether you belong to the group of eligible persons.
  • If the applicant belongs to the group of eligible persons, conclude an EQ contract with him or her. You can download the sample contract or request it from your chamber.
  • Before the start of the internship, apply to the Employer Service or the Jobcenter for a subsidy for the internship remuneration. Attach a copy of the EQ contract. If you have registered for the eServices with the Employment Agency, you can also exchange all applications and evidence online with the Jobcenter.
  • You then register the intern with the health insurance company and the employers' liability insurance association.
  • You will receive a written notification from the Jobcenter as to whether the subsidy will be granted. If you have consented to the electronic transmission of the notification in your online account, the notification will be made available to you online in your notification filing.
  • If your applicant is required to attend vocational school, you must register him or her at the vocational school before the start of the internship and, ideally, in the corresponding specialist class.
  • If your intern needs support with the initial qualification, he or she should coordinate this with the Jobcenter and, if necessary, apply for these support services.

Who should I contact?

You can find the office responsible for you via the service finder on the website of the Federal Employment Agency.

Competent authority

You can find the office responsible for you via the service finder on the website of the Federal Employment Agency.


  • The internship must:
    • between 6 and 12 months.
    • be remunerated and covered by social security.
  • The trainee must belong to the group of eligible persons. This must be checked by the Jobcenter.
  • The intern must not have been employed by your company before.
  • The entry-level qualification may not take place in the company of the spouse, life partner or parents.
  • In the case of compulsory vocational schooling, the trainee must take part in vocational school lessons and be registered in the corresponding specialist class.

Which documents are required?

  • Contract for an entry-level qualification between the company and the young person

What are the fees?


What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?

There is no deadline. You must apply for funding before the entry-level qualification begins. The applicant must be registered at the vocational school before the start of the internship if vocational school is compulsory.

Applications / forms

Forms available: No
Written form required: Yes
Informal application possible: No
Personal appearance required: No
Online services available: Yes



Technically approved by

Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs (BMAS)

Professionally released on



The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

competent Bodies

Landkreis Emsland - Fachbereich Arbeit
Address: Ordeniederung 1 , 49716 Meppen
Postal address: Post Office Box 15 62 , 49705 Meppen
Telephone: 05931 44-0
Fax: 05931 44-3621
Transport Connection:
Station Haltestelle Kreishaus
Bus: 993
Building Access:
elevator available : yes
wheelchair-accessible : yes


Telephone: 05931 44-0
responsible for:

Data protection information

Landesbeauftragte für den Datenschutz Niedersachsen
Address: Prinzenstraße 5, 30159 Hannover
Telephone: +49 511 12045-00
Fax: +49 511 12045-99
Building Access:
elevator available : unknown
wheelchair-accessible : unknown

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Portalverbund des Bundes und der Länder)