Register prostitution activity for the first time
Since the Prostitute Protection Act came into force on 1 July 2017, binding regulations for the practice of prostitution have been in force nationwide. Anyone who engages in prostitution in Germany is obliged to register with the authorities and seek health advice beforehand.
The obligation to register and counsel applies without exception to all people who provide sexual services for a fee. The health consultation and registration must be done in person.
A certificate of registration shall be issued. This is valid nationwide.
Persons between 18 and 21 years of age must have their registration certificate renewed after one year. For persons older than 21 years, the following applies: The registration must be renewed after two years.
- In Lower Saxony, free health advice is provided by the lower health authorities or health authorities. Here a consultation appointment should be arranged.
- An appointment should also be made for the subsequent registration of the activity with the regulatory authority of the district or independent city.
- Certificate of health advice (not older than 3 months)
- Identity card, passport, passport or ID card replacement
- If you have a foreign nationality and are not entitled to freedom of movement, you must prove that you have permission to work or self-employment in Germany.
- 2 passport photos
What are the fees?
Emission: 15,00 EURPayment in advance: No
What else should I know?
Both certificates - registration certificate and certificate of health advice - must always be carried when practicing prostitution. Anyone who cannot present any or only invalid certificates during inspections must expect fines.
Technically approved by
Lower Saxony Ministry of Social Affairs, Health and Equality
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.