On behalf of the legislator, the competent authority monitors compliance with public building law. This results in the following tasks:
- Review of building applications and issuance of building permits / partial building permits
- Review of preliminary building enquiries and issuing preliminary building permits
- Testing of special constructions
- Examination of structural verifications (stability, fire protection)
- Checking the escape routes
- Checking and allowing deviations, exceptions or exemptions
- Construction supervision, building inspections
- regulatory measures within the framework of construction supervision
- Keeping the list of building encumbrances and entering the building encumbrances
- Participation in the fire inspection
- Handling appeals
Further information can be found in the services:
- Cancellation notification
- Building permit: Grant
- Permit-free construction measures: Notification
- Preliminary building enquiry and preliminary building permit
Who should I contact?
The responsibility lies with the district, the district-free city, the large independent city and the municipality with building authority powers.
Which documents are required?
Documents may be required. Please contact the competent authority.
What are the fees?
Fees may apply, please contact the competent authority.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
There are no deadlines to be observed.
Technically approved by
Lower Saxony Ministry of Social Affairs, Health and Equality
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.