Please enter a search term.

Your selected location: Emsland

For an area outside of Lower Saxony and foreign languages, some menu items and functions are not available. Please go to the service page of the respective country.

Assistance in other situations Authorisation

In addition to assistance with subsistence (general social assistance) and basic security in old age and in the event of reduced earning capacity, other social assistance benefits can also be claimed as assistance in special situations.

They benefit those seeking help in situations such as illness, disability or special social difficulties. This aid is also given to people who can still provide for their own livelihood but are dependent on the help of the general public because of a special need. The decisive factor is then whether they can reasonably be expected to raise the funds from income and assets.
Assistance in special life situations are:
  • Help for health
  • Help with care
  • Assistance to overcome particular social difficulties
  • Help in other situations

Who should I contact?

The responsibility lies with the district and the district-free city.

Which documents are required?

Documents are required. Please contact the competent authority.

What are the fees?

Fee: free of charge

What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?

In principle, the assistance begins exactly at the time of notification to the social assistance provider that the conditions for the benefits are met. For the rest, please contact the competent authority.


An objection may be lodged against decisions of the competent social assistance institutions within one month of notification.

After completion of the opposition proceedings by means of an objection decision, an action may be brought before the Social Court within one month of notification.


The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Data protection information

Landesbeauftragte für den Datenschutz Niedersachsen
Address: Prinzenstraße 5, 30159 Hannover
Telephone: +49 511 12045-00
Fax: +49 511 12045-99

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Portalverbund des Bundes und der Länder)