Please enter a search term.

Your selected location: Emsland

For an area outside of Lower Saxony and foreign languages, some menu items and functions are not available. Please go to the service page of the respective country.

Volunteering Help for refugees

Fleeing war and persecution in their home countries, many people also come to us. The desire to help the refugees is great among the population.

Assistance can be provided, for example, in the following fields of activity:

  • Accompaniment and support in language acquisition
  • Help with administrative procedures and correspondence
  • Assistance with general questions such as local shopping, waste separation, etc.
  • Wardrobe
  • Homework supervision
  • Games and handicrafts for children
  • Leisure activities of all kinds

A guide for volunteers who would like to get involved in refugee aid is published by the Lower Saxony State Chancellery.

Who should I contact?

The responsibility lies with the district, the independent city, the municipality, the joint municipality, the city, the welfare associations, the coordination offices for migration and participation as well as the coordination offices at the Freiwilligenakademie Niedersachsen e. V. and the LAGFA Niedersachsen e. V. for further training and relieving discussions.

Which documents are required?

No documents are required.

What are the fees?

There are no fees.

What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?

There are no deadlines to be observed.

What else should I know?

More information about the commitment to refugees and the funding opportunities can be found on the homepage of the FreiwilligenServer Niedersachsen.

Technically approved by

Lower Saxony Ministry of Social Affairs, Health and Equality


The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Data protection information

Landesbeauftragte für den Datenschutz Niedersachsen
Address: Prinzenstraße 5, 30159 Hannover
Telephone: +49 511 12045-00
Fax: +49 511 12045-99

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Portalverbund des Bundes und der Länder)