Please enter a search term.
Please note:You can only obtain complete information if you indicate the place of residence, the place of business or the building project, depending on the procedure.

Water Protection Consulting Funding

Water protection advice makes an important contribution to drinking water protection. Information and advisory services for actors from agriculture, forestry and production horticulture are intended to promote the reduction of nutrient inputs into waters. Educating and sensitizing agricultural and forestry stakeholders through certified advisory institutions should continue to ensure high quality of drinking water as well as groundwater and surface water in the future.

Support shall be provided for measures in the form of information and advisory services in accordance with Article 14 of Regulation (EU) No 1305/2013 for agricultural, forestry or production horticultural holdings, for the protection of drinking water and for the achievement and maintenance of good status or potential of bodies of groundwater and surface water, including the Ems, under Directive 2000/60/EC establishing a framework for action in the field of water policy (EC-WRLL).

Who should I contact?

The responsibility lies with the Lower Saxony State Agency for Water Management, Coastal and Nature Conservation (NLWKN).


Eligible applicants are:

  • Public water supply companies and associations
  • Public bodies responsible for implementing the WFD

Information and advisory services must be carried out in drinking water production areas or areas of destination according to the EC WFD. Projects in drinking water production areas must, among other things, fit into a protection concept. Model and pilot projects must disseminate innovative land management practices or develop new approaches to assessing the success or improving water protection measures. In addition, the aim is to improve the effectiveness and/or efficiency of water protection consultations nationwide. For this purpose, a working concept must be submitted at the time of application. So far, no comparable research results or projects must have been supported with public funds.

Which documents are required?

Documents may be required. Please contact the competent authority.

What are the fees?

Fees may apply. Please contact the relevant authority.

What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?

Deadlines may have to be observed. Please contact the competent authority.

Applications / forms

Applications can be submitted continuously.

Technically approved by

Lower Saxony Ministry for the Environment, Energy, Building and Climate Protection

Professionally released on



The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Portalverbund des Bundes und der Länder)