Please enter a search term.
Please note:You can only obtain complete information if you indicate the place of residence, the place of business or the building project, depending on the procedure.

Residence Deregistration

The deregistration of an apartment is only necessary if you move out of this apartment without moving into a new apartment in Germany. This is the case, for example, if they move abroad or give up one of several apartments. Please also note the information in the service for deregistering a secondary residence.

Process flow

If you change your place of residence, you only have to register the new apartment. The competent authority of the new place of residence then automatically informs the departure municipality.

If you do not move, but only dissolve one of several apartments, you can deregister this apartment either at the local authority or at the office responsible for your current residence.

Who should I contact?

The responsibility lies with the municipality, the Joint Community and the city.

Which documents are required?

  • Confirmation of landlord
  • Registration form
  • Identity card

What are the fees?

There are no fees.

What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?

The cancellation must take place no later than 2 weeks after moving out.

Applications / forms

The competent authority will provide you with the registration form free of charge.

The registration form can be downloaded from many municipal websites. Sometimes it is possible to register online directly via the Internet if the competent body provides a corresponding online notification form with secure electronic transmission of the data. However, this message must be signed by you with a qualified electronic signature. For this purpose, a corresponding signature card is required. This is available via teleservice providers, banks and savings banks.


The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Portalverbund des Bundes und der Länder)