Please enter a search term.
Please note:You can only obtain complete information if you indicate the place of residence, the place of business or the building project, depending on the procedure.

Continuing vocational training: review

Examinations are carried out to demonstrate knowledge, skills and abilities acquired through continuing vocational training. The competent bodies carry out continuing vocational training examinations (e.g. master craftsman's examination, industrial master craftsman's examination). A certificate must be issued to the successful candidate in continuing vocational training by the competent authority. At the request of the candidate, the competent authority will issue translations of certificates in English and French if the examination(s) are successfully passed.

Who should I contact?

The competent chamber lies with the chamber responsible for your training direction. This can be, for example:

  • the Chamber of Crafts for vocational training in occupations covered by the Crafts Code,
  • the Chamber of Commerce and Industry for vocational training in non-craft trades,
  • the Chamber of Agriculture for vocational training in agricultural and rural home economics occupations,
  • the Chamber of Lawyers, Patent Attorneys and Notaries as well as the Notarial Fund for the vocational training of specialists in the field of administration of justice,
  • the Chamber of Auditors and the Chamber of Tax Consultants for the vocational training of specialists in the field of auditing and tax consulting,
  • the Chamber of Doctors, Dentists, Veterinarians and Pharmacists for the vocational training of specialists in the health professions.

Further responsibilities, e.g. for bodies under public law as well as for churches and other religious communities, are regulated in §§ 72 to 75 of the Vocational Training Act (BBiG).

Which documents are required?

Documents may be required. Please contact the competent authority.

What are the fees?

The competent authorities shall charge fees for carrying out examinations and issuing certificates. The competent authorities may charge fees for English and French translations.

What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?

Deadlines may have to be observed. Please contact the competent authority.


The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Portalverbund des Bundes und der Länder)