Please enter a search term.
Please note:You can only obtain complete information if you indicate the place of residence, the place of business or the building project, depending on the procedure.

Participate in a program that prepares young people with disabilities for vocational training.

The rehabilitation-specific pre-vocational training measure (BvB) supports young people with disabilities who are quite suitable for an apprenticeship but are not (yet) up to the general requirements due to their disabilities. The aim is to prepare you for an apprenticeship and to help you find a suitable apprenticeship. This can also be a specialist traineeship for people with disabilities. If it becomes apparent during the course of the program that it is not possible for you to take up vocational training for personal reasons, you can also be supported in the further course with the aim of finding employment.

At the end of the training program, you should have found answers to these questions: What are my talents? What training should I do? Which profession can I imagine?

The content includes, among other things

  • Help with career orientation and career choice,
  • imparting knowledge and skills for starting an apprenticeship,
  • the opportunity to obtain a secondary school leaving certificate at a later date,
  • Internships in various occupational fields and companies,
  • job application training,
  • help with the search for apprenticeships and, if necessary, jobs.

You can take part in a rehabilitation-specific pre-vocational training program at an educational institution or vocational rehabilitation facility that is geared towards the special needs of young people with disabilities. Depending on the target group and facilities, the providers may have their own training workshops, offices and companies with workplaces designed for the disabled and provide educational and sometimes psychological support. Vocational rehabilitation facilities also offer residential and leisure facilities and are available for occupational health issues.

If the employment agency is your rehabilitation provider, it will cover the costs.

You will receive financial support in the form of a transitional allowance or training allowance and you will be covered by social insurance.

Note for customers who receive benefits from the Jobcenter (citizen's allowance):

If you take part in a rehabilitation-specific vocational training measure, you will receive an additional citizen's allowance bonus of EUR 75.00 per month from 01.07.2023. You do not need to submit a separate application for this.

Whether you can take part in a rehabilitation-specific pre-vocational training measure depends, among other things, on

  • whether the measure is suitable for you and your specific case in order to increase your chances of starting vocational training,
  • what your personal inclinations are and how these can be useful in professional life
  • which activities you would like to pursue and
  • how the training and labor market is currently developing.

Rehabilitation-specific vocational training generally starts at the beginning of the training year in September and usually lasts up to 12 months. However, you can also start at a different time. Under certain conditions, an extension of up to a total duration of 24 months is possible.

Process flow

In order to receive rehabilitation-specific pre-vocational training measures, you must contact your employment agency:

  • Make an appointment with the Vocational Rehabilitation and Participation team at your employment agency.
  • If you do not yet have a personal contact at your employment agency, make an appointment via the service hotline of the Federal Employment Agency.
  • The consultation will clarify whether the rehabilitation-specific pre-vocational training measure is suitable for you.
  • If your advisor determines that a rehabilitation-specific pre-vocational training measure is suitable for you, you will be registered for it immediately.
  • Your advisor will also discuss the forms you need to complete with you. You can also complete the documents online.
  • You will receive written notification as soon as a place is available.
  • The employment agency will register you with the educational institution or vocational rehabilitation facility.


  • You are no longer required to attend school.
  • You have
    • a school-leaving certificate and are looking for an apprenticeship or
    • do not have a school-leaving certificate and would like to catch up on a lower secondary school leaving certificate or equivalent, or
    • You have lost your apprenticeship and would like to reorient yourself professionally.
  • You have a disability and your rehabilitation provider is the Federal Employment Agency.
  • Your prospects of participating in working life are significantly reduced, and not just temporarily, due to the nature or severity of your disability.
    • Or: You are threatened with a disability with the same occupational consequences.
  • Due to the nature and severity of your disability, the general statutory benefits to promote your participation in working life are not sufficient.
  • You are prepared to undergo vocational training or other forms of vocational integration.
  • You can be expected to achieve the objective of the measure.

Which documents are required?

  • First of all, you will need your last school report and, if applicable, internship reports.
  • If you do not have a school-leaving certificate but have completed compulsory schooling, you will need this proof.
  • Please ask your advisor what other documents you will need when you contact them.

What are the fees?


Processing duration

Processing usually takes several weeks. Once the benefit has been approved, the measure should begin as soon as possible in coordination with the provider.

Applications / forms

Forms available: No
Written form required: No
Informal application possible: No
Personal appearance necessary: Yes
Online services available: Yes


Appeal to the employment agency that issued the decision. Further information on how to lodge an appeal can be found in the respective decision.

Technically approved by

Federal Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs (BMAS)

Professionally released on



The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Portalverbund des Bundes und der Länder)