Please enter a search term.
Please note:You can only obtain complete information if you indicate the place of residence, the place of business or the building project, depending on the procedure.

Special telephone number for immigrants and those interested in immigration - "Working and Living in Germany" hotline of the Federal Office for Migration and Refugees in cooperation with the Central Placement Office for Foreign and Specialist Workers (ZAV)

You would like to immigrate to Germany or have already immigrated? The hotline "Working and Living in Germany" provides you with telephone advice on the possibilities of working, studying or starting an apprenticeship in Germany by calling +49 30 1815 - 1111.

The hotline counselling service will provide you with information in German or English on the following topics:

  • Recognition of your foreign qualifications (recognition procedure for vocational, academic and school qualifications; indication of the competent recognition office and the corresponding German occupation [reference occupation]).
  • Entry and residence in Germany (immigration for the purpose of gainful employment; visa; residence title; spouse and family reunification)
  • Language acquisition (offers for learning German; integration courses; job-related language courses; German for children and young people; offers for learning German abroad)
  • Studies and training (requirements for studies/training, counselling services, prospects for graduates/trainees)
  • Work and occupation (job search; working conditions; employment promotion; labour market opportunities; placement services; social security/taxes)

Which documents are required?

You do not need any documents for the hotline consultation.

What are the fees?

If you are calling from a landline, the local telephone charges will apply. The costs for calls from mobile networks may differ. When you call from abroad, the respective international price of your tariff applies.

What else should I know?

The advisors can only provide you with general information on the legal basis. The decision as to whether you personally meet the requirements for the issuance of a visa or residence title is always made by the competent German embassy or the competent foreigners authority.

An examination of the equivalence of foreign qualifications is not carried out by the advisors of the hotline, but by the competent authorities in the federal states.

Technically approved by

Federal Office for Migration and Refugees, Department 134

Professionally released on



The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Portalverbund des Bundes und der Länder)