Please enter a search term.
Please note:You can only obtain complete information if you indicate the place of residence, the place of business or the building project, depending on the procedure.

Show Fumigation

Anyone wishing to carry out fumigation with fumigants on a commercial or independent basis as part of other economic undertakings outside a stationary facility must notify the competent authority in writing. In addition, a collective notification can be agreed to if fumigations are repeated regularly and the conditions described in the notification remain unchanged.

Process flow

You can report a fumigation activity to the competent authority by e-mail or post.

  • You submit the required documents with your complaint.
  • The competent authority will check your notification for completeness.


Fumigation may only be carried out if it is not to be expected that its use in the individual application will have harmful effects on the health of humans, non-target organisms or on the environment.

Which documents are required?

  • Copy of certificates of competency
  • Site plan of the place or object to be hosted

What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?

One week before scheduled fumigation activity - An exception applies to fumigation activities on ships and in containers in ports. For this purpose, the application must be submitted 24 hours before the start of the activity.

Processing duration

Promptly after receipt of application - maximum one week

What else should I know?

The resignation, change and entry of holders of certificates of competency must be notified to the authority issuing the licence without delay, provided that the activities are subject to authorisation.

Technically approved by

Ministry of the Environment, Energy and Climate Action

Professionally released on



The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Portalverbund des Bundes und der Länder)