Professional recognition Recognition of career qualifications in general services
If you have evidence of formal qualifications giving direct access to the civil service in your country of origin, it can be recognised as a qualification for a career as a civil servant. You can then be appointed as a civil servant.
The application and the supporting documents can be submitted to the competent body in paper form or electronically as a scan in the online procedure for professional recognition.
Who should I contact?
The responsibility lies with the Lower Saxony Ministry of the Interior and Sport.
- If you are a citizen of a member state of the EU or of Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway or Switzerland, you can submit an application.
- The decision is made according to §§ 35 – 42 of the Lower Saxony Career Ordinance (NLVO) of 30.3.2009 Niedersächsischen Gesetz- und Verordnungsblatt (Nds. GVBl.) p. 118, last amended by Act of 30.3.2014, Niedersächsischen Gesetz- und Verordnungsblatt (Nds. GVBl). S.
§§ 35 – 42 Lower Saxony Career Ordinance (NLVO)
Which documents are required?
- Application stating the desired activity in the public service,
- tabular presentation of the professional career,
- proof of nationality,
- evidence of competence and formal qualifications,
- proof of the content and duration of the training, which must state the requirements that led to the obtaining of the qualification,
- a certificate issued by the country of origin stating the professional practice to which the professional qualifications confer entitlement there in the public service,
- certificates attesting to the nature and duration of their activities in a field for which they have obtained evidence of formal qualifications;
- certificates or documents issued by the country of origin and the country from which the foreign national comes stating that criminal offences, serious professional misconduct and other circumstances calling into question the applicant's suitability are not known,
- Statement as to whether and how an application for recognition has been decided by another authority of the Federal Republic of Germany.
The application must be submitted in German. Copies of certificates and documents must be submitted together with a copy of a certified translation.
What are the fees?
Fees may apply. Please contact the relevant authority.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
Deadlines may have to be observed. Please contact the competent authority.
Technically approved by
Lower Saxony Ministry of the Interior and Sport
Professionally released on
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.