Please enter a search term.

Please note:You can only obtain complete information if you indicate the place of residence, the place of business or the building project, depending on the procedure.

Instruction according to the Infection Protection Act Certificate

If you want to work in the field of food preparation, food sales or gastronomy, you need a certificate.

The content of the certificate is that the employees have been informed of the legal obligations, in particular the presence of a contagious disease, which prohibits him or her from working in the food sector. In addition, it must be stated in writing that the employee or employees are not aware of any facts for a prohibition of activity. An additional medical certificate may be required for the certificate.

Who should I contact?

The responsibility lies with the district and the county-free city, in which the activity is to start for the first time.

For the instruction, an appointment must be made with the medical department of the district or the county-free city.

Which documents are required?

  • valid photo ID (e.g. passport, identity card)
  • may have a medical certificate

What are the fees?

Fee: 26,00 EUR
Payment in advance: No
Instruction and certification are usually subject to a fee.

What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?

It should be noted that activities in the field of food preparation, food sales or gastronomy may not be started until the certificate has been obtained. This may not be older than three months at the time of the first start of the activity.

What else should I know?

Persons who regularly stay in kitchens of restaurants or other communal catering establishments must also take part in a briefing.


The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Technically approved by

Lower Saxony Ministry of Social Affairs, Women, Family, Health and Integration

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Linie6PLus)

Further Links

Single points of contact of the state of Lower Saxony, Single points of contact of the countries of Europe, advice and assistance for EU citizens and their families.