Certificate for the provision of temporary cross-border services according to § 9 (HwO): Issue
Anyone who, as a citizen of the EU, the EEA or Switzerland, wants to temporarily and occasionally exercise a craft subject to approval in Germany without operating a branch here, must report this. A certificate is then issued by the competent authority.
The craft may be practiced immediately after the notification.
- Chimney sweep
- Hearing care professional
- Orthopaedic technician
- Orthopaedic surgeon
- Dental technician
may not be exercised until the applicant has received from the competent authority:
- confirmation that the professional qualification is sufficient, or
- Notification that the professional qualification will not be examined.
In the event of a lack of qualification identified during a re-examination, the applicant shall be given the opportunity to take an aptitude test within one month.
Who should I contact?
The responsibility lies with the Chamber of Crafts, in whose chamber district the first service is to be provided.
This procedure can also be carried out through a "Point of Single Contact". The "Point of Single Contact" is a special service offered by the municipalities and the state for service providers.
- the applicant is legally established in the home country for the purpose of carrying out comparable activities in a member state of the EU, the EEA or Switzerland.
- The exercise of the professional activity in question is linked to a specific professional qualification (regulated) or there is no regulation of access to the profession, but you have completed state-regulated and thus regulated training.
Which documents are required?
- Notification of service provision
- Copy of identity cardor comparable identification document
- Proof of legal establishment in the Member State of establishment for the pursuit of comparable activities or, in the case of non-regulated professions, in the Member State of establishment
- Notification of practical professional experience to the competent authority of the country of origin
What are the fees?
Fees are charged in accordance with the scale of fees of the competent authority.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
Deadlines may have to be observed. Please contact the competent authority.
Processing Time: 2 Monthsin case of doubts as to the authenticity of documents - suspension of the deadline
Processing Time: 1 - 2 Monthsupon receipt of the notification, including complete documentation,
§§ 6 para. 5, 9 para. 3, 10 para. 1 and 2 EU/EEA Crafts Regulation (EU/EWRHwV)
Technically approved by
Chamber of handicrafts
List ID 766 (whitelist; Status: 12.07.2021)
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.