For an area outside of Lower Saxony and foreign languages, some menu items and functions are not available. Please go to the service page of the respective country.

Entrepeneurs assistant

Several authorities were found for your input. Please indicate your district or postal code where you have your company/branch or where you would like to contact the responsible office.

Foreign professional qualification Recognition of health professions

If you have obtained your degree in a healthcare professional abroad, you can have the equivalence of your degree checked with the German degree by the competent authority.

Health professions include the following occupations:

  • Elderly caregiver
  • Dietitian
  • Occupational therapist
  • Health and nurse
  • Health and paediatric nurses
  • Midwife/maternity nurse
  • Speech therapist/speech therapist
  • Masseur and medical bathattendant
  • Medical-technical/laboratory assistant
  • Medical-technical/radiology assistant
  • Medical-technical assistant in functional diagnostics
  • Orthoptist
  • Pharmaceutical-technical assistant
  • Physiotherapist
  • Podologist

And currently (until 31.12.2018) the following further training courses:

  • Specialist in intensive care and anaesthesia
  • Specialist in oncological care
  • Specialist in psychiatric care
  • Specialist for surgical and endoscopic care
  • Specialist in hygiene in care
  • Specialist for management tasks in nursing
  • Nursing service manager, nursing service manager
  • Specialist in social psychiatric care
  • Specialist Early Aids - Family Midwife or Specialist Early Aids - Family Maternity Caregiver, Specialist Early Help - Family Health and Child Nurse

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Portalverbund des Bundes und der Länder)

Top of the Page