For an area outside of Lower Saxony and foreign languages, some menu items and functions are not available. Please go to the service page of the respective country.

Entrepeneurs assistant

Several authorities were found for your input. Please indicate your district or postal code where you have your company/branch or where you would like to contact the responsible office.

Foreign professional qualification Recognition as a childhood educator

Important note: For a university degree in the field of work with children from 0-6 years or 0-10 years, no application can be made for state recognition as an educator, since the training as an educator is a broad-based technical school education, which also qualifies for working with adolescents and partly young adults and thus not only focuses on the age group 0-14 years, but extends to the age group 0-27 years. It is therefore not to be equated with a university degree.

Childhood educators work in many areas of work with children from 0 to 12/14 years and their families. For an activity in child and youth welfare, especially in day care centers, a state recognition is required. If you have completed a degree abroad in the field of early education or in elementary or primary education (kindergarten, primary school), you can apply for state recognition in Germany with this degree. This recognition entitles you to use the professional title "State-approved childhood pedagogue (B.A.)" or "State-approved childhood pedagogue (B.A.)". This makes it possible, for .B, to work in day-care centres and, in addition, state recognition opens up access to management positions in these fields of activity.

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Portalverbund des Bundes und der Länder)

Top of the Page