apply for a certificate of competence in the regular stunning or killing of vertebrates carried out professionally or commercially
If you regularly look after, sedate, stunn, slaughter or kill animals professionally or commercially, you must have the necessary knowledge and skills (expertise).
You can apply for the required certificate of competence from the competent authority. To do this, you must prove your expertise as part of a successful examination or a qualification recognized as equivalent.
The certificate of competence lists the activities to which it applies and to which species of animals and to which type of equipment.
The certificate of competence is valid indefinitely. However, it can be withdrawn if you have violated the requirements of the regulation and facts indicate that this will continue to be the case in the future.
- Download and print the application form. After that, fill out the form completely and add the necessary supporting documents. Submit the application documents to your competent authority.
- The competent authority will examine your application and issue a certificate of competence for the categories of animals as well as stunning and killing procedures for which you have been able to prove your competence.
- Finally, you will receive your certificate of competence or, if applicable, information about the rejection of your application by post.
- If there are any changes to your information, please notify your competent authority of these changes.
Who should I contact?
The responsibility lies with the district, the independent city, the Hanover region and the Zweckverband Veterinäramt Jade-Weser.
This procedure can also be handled by a "Point of Single Contact". The "Point of Single Contact" is a special service offered by the municipalities and the state for service providers.
- You have successfully passed the theoretical and practical examination at the competent authority in relation to the categories of animals specified in the application as well as stunning and killing procedures.
- They have an equivalent qualification.
- In addition, you must not have committed any violations of animal welfare law in the last three years.
Which documents are required?
No documents are required.
What are the fees?
Fees are charged in accordance with the Annex to §1 of the Schedule of Fees for Administration in the Field of Consumer Protection and Veterinary Affairs (GOVV) in accordance with Section V1.4.1.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
There are no deadlines to be observed.
Processing Time: 1 Month§ 3 paragraph 1 no. 6 Lower Saxony Ordinance on Liquidation administrative procedures for the execution of federal law on a single body and on processing deadlines (NeSVO)
What else should I know?
Technically approved by
Lower Saxony Ministry of Food, Agriculture and Consumer Protection