Experts: Public appointment and swearing-in
Any person who works or wishes to work as a publicly appointed and sworn expert in the fields of economy, including mining, deep-sea and coastal fishing, agriculture and forestry, including horticulture and viticulture, shall be publicly appointed and sworn in upon request by the competent authority for certain subject areas.
The public appointment certifies that the applicant is particularly qualified in a particular field. Decisive are the personal suitability and the special expertise.
The task of the experts is to assess a situation impartially and bindingly independently of the client. This ensures the necessary objectivity.
Publicly appointed and sworn experts must prove their competence to the competent authority.
The procedure for the public appointment of an expert begins with an application and detailed preliminary interviews. After the examination of the documents to be submitted, a check of personal suitability takes place. The review of the so-called special expertise before a panel of experts is structured as follows:
- Preliminary review of expert opinions, publications and other proof of qualification,
- written and oral verification,
- Vote of the expert panel and the committee of experts of the competent body.
If all requirements are met, the swearing-in follows.
The expert to be appointed must sign the declaration of commitment, the declaration of oath and the consent to the use of data. If the subject area of an order is changed or extended, it is sufficient to refer to the oath previously taken instead of taking an oath.
Expert persons shall be sworn to perform their expert duties independently, without instructions, personally, conscientiously and impartially and to issue their expert opinions accordingly. The public appointment may be limited in content, issued with a time limit and subject to conditions.
Under the conditions set out above, the public appointment and swearing-in of particularly suitable persons who are active in the fields of the economy
- establish certain facts relating to goods, in particular the nature, quantity, weight or correct packaging of goods, or
- verify that certain activities are properly carried out.
Who should I contact?
Competence lies with the chamber responsible for the profession.
This procedure can also be carried out through a "Point of Single Contact". The "Point of Single Contact" is a special service offered by municipalities and the state for service providers.
- Need for expert services
- Proof of special expertise
- no concerns about suitability
Which documents are required?
- informal application with CV
- Declaration on the Expert Regulations
- Transcripts/copies of diplomas/diplomas
- Indication of 5 references that can be heard about knowledge etc.
- Copies of at least 3 expert opinions
- a statement as to whether and to which boards an application has already been filed and with what result
- Proof of attendance of training and further education events
- 1 passport photo in colour
- Current certificate of good conduct (document type O)
What are the fees?
Fees are charged in accordance with the scale of fees of the competent authority.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
Deadlines may have to be observed. Please contact the competent authority.
What else should I know?
The activity of the expert is terminated when the public appointment expires. This is the case if:
- the expert declares to the relevant competent body that he or she no longer wishes to act as a publicly appointed and sworn expert,
- the period for which the expert is publicly appointed expires,
- the competent body withdraws or withdraws the public order.
After expiry of the public order, the expert Preson must return the order certificate, identity card and circular stamp to the competent authority.
Technically approved by
Lower Saxony Ministry of Economic Affairs, Labour and Transport