Applying for cancellation of membership at the Chamber of Crafts
Businesses in the craft sector subject to and without a licence as well as in the craft-like trade are compulsory members of their respective Chamber of Crafts and are registered there either in the register of craftsmen or in the register of owners of a business of a craft without a licence or a craft-like trade. If you do not wish to continue your business or if the registration requirements subsequently cease to apply, you must submit an application for deletion.
With the deletion of the business from the register of craftsmen or the register of owners of a business of a craft without a licence or a craft-like trade, membership of the Chamber of Crafts also expires. If a craft business requiring approval is deleted from the register of craftsmen, the crafts card must be returned to the Chamber of Crafts.
The following are eligible to apply:
- trader or trader or
- Partners in partnerships or
- Legal representation in corporations (e.g. managing director of a limited liability company)
in the event of death: spouse or heir.
The deletion of the holding must be carried out by you as the farmer or
Business owner, partner in the case of partnerships or as legal representative in the case of corporations (e.g. managing director of a limited liability company) online or in writing.
- The application is made via the administrative portal of your federal state. In addition, the Chambers of Crafts and Crafts offer online access to their administrative procedures.
- Go to the website of your local Chamber of Crafts.
- Download the application form.
- Alternatively, you can contact your Chamber of Crafts directly and have the necessary documents sent.
- Fill out the form completely and send it together with any required documents by post or electronically to your local Chamber of Crafts.
- Your application and documents will be reviewed by the Chamber of Crafts.
- Once your documents have been checked, you will receive a notification of deletion if the requirements are met.
- In the case of businesses in the craft sector subject to licensing: Return your craft card to the Chamber of Crafts.
Who should I contact?
Please contact the local Chamber of Crafts.
This procedure can also be carried out through a "Point of Single Contact". The "Point of Single Contact" is a special service offered by the municipalities and the state for service providers.
The conditions for registration were not met or were later dropped.
Which documents are required?
- Completed and signed request for deletion
- Copy of the business deregistration or re-registration or other documents showing that the registration requirements are not or no longer met
- in the case of businesses registered in the register of craftsmen: original of the crafts card
What are the fees?
The specific fee can be found in the Chamber of Crafts' schedule of fees, which can be accessed on the Chamber's website.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
You should submit the application immediately after becoming aware of the existence of a reason for deletion, as deletions cannot be made retroactively and the obligation to pay contributions continues for the duration of the registration of the craftsman's register.
Your entry will be deleted immediately if the requirements for this are met.
The deletion cannot be carried out retroactively, so that it will take place at the earliest on the date of receipt of the deletion request.
Applications / forms
Forms available: Yes
Personal appearance required: No
The decision is subject to legal recourse. Depending on the federal state in which the application was submitted, a preliminary procedure must first be carried out. Information on the existing legal remedies can be found in the instructions on legal remedies in the notices.
What else should I know?
Technically approved by
Lower Saxony Ministry of Economic Affairs, Transport, Building and Digitalisation