Register of craftsmen Registration by granting a right to exercise according to § 7a HwO
Without a master craftsman's examination, the applicant or the farm manager may receive a right to exercise according to §7a Handwerksordnung (HwO) by the competent authority. In addition, the granting of an exemption could be considered.
Who should I contact?
The responsibility lies with the Chamber of Crafts, in whose district the (future) permanent establishment is located.
This procedure can also be carried out through a "Point of Single Contact". The "Point of Single Contact" is a special service offered by municipalities and the state for service providers.
- Anyone who already operates a craft subject to authorisation can obtain authorisation to practise another craft subject to authorisation or for essential activities of this trade if:
- the knowledge and skills required for this purpose are demonstrated. Previous professional experience and activities are taken into account.
Which documents are required?
- Certificate of journeyman's examination/skilled worker examination
- Certificate of the master craftsman's examination
- Certificates or certificates of other courses and examinations (e.g. final examination at university or university of applied sciences, technician, industrial foreman, specialist courses and courses)
- Proof of the knowledge and skills required to exercise
What are the fees?
Fees are charged in accordance with the scale of fees of the competent authority.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
Deadlines may have to be observed. Please contact the competent authority.
Technically approved by
Lower Saxony Ministry of Economic Affairs, Labour and Digitalisation