Register of craftsmen Registration by granting a right to exercise according to § 7a HwO
Without a master craftsman's examination, the applicant or the farm manager may, if necessary, obtain a right to exercise in accordance with §7a of the Crafts Code (HwO) from the competent authority. In addition, the granting of an exemption permit could be considered.
Who should I contact?
The responsibility lies with the Chamber of Crafts, in whose district the (future) permanent establishment is located.
This procedure can also be handled through a "point of single contact". The "Point of Single Contact" is a special service offered by the municipalities and the state for service providers.
- Anyone who already operates a craft subject to licensing can obtain a right to practise another craft subject to authorisation or for essential activities of this trade if:
- the knowledge and skills required for this are demonstrated. Previous professional experience and activities are taken into account.
Which documents are required?
- Certificate of the journeyman's examination/skilled worker examination
- Certificate of the master craftsman's examination in the trade
- Certificates of other courses and examinations (e.B. final examination at a university or university of applied sciences, technician, industrial master, specialist courses and courses)
- Proof of the knowledge and skills required for the right to exercise
What are the fees?
Fees apply in accordance with the scale of fees of the competent authority.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
Deadlines may have to be observed. Please contact the competent authority.
Technically approved by
Lower Saxony Ministry of Economic Affairs, Labour and Digitalisation