Register of craftsmen Registration by granting an exemption permit according to § 8 HwO
For the independent operation of a trade subject to authorisation of Appendix A to the Crafts Code (HwO) as a standing trade, a registration in the craft roll is required.
If the applicant or the farm manager has not passed a master craftsman's examination, but has the knowledge and skills of a master craftsman, then under certain circumstances an entry in the register of craftsmen can be achieved via an exemption permit according to § 8 of the Crafts Code (HwO). In addition, an exercise right according to § 7b HwO could be considered.
The competent authority may grant the derogation subject to conditions, conditions or for a limited period and limited to a substantial part.
For more information:
- Craft roll: Grant - exemption according to § 9 Abs. 1 HwO
Who should I contact?
The responsibility lies with the Chamber of Crafts, in whose district the (future) permanent establishment is located.
This procedure can also be handled through a "point of single contact". The "Point of Single Contact" is a special service offered by the municipalities and the state for service providers.
- the applicant or the manager
- has not passed a master craftsman's examination, but has the knowledge and skills of a master craftsman
- in addition to the professional competence to run a craft business by proving the necessary knowledge and skills, has a recognized exceptional reason
- An exceptional reason exists if it would be an unreasonable burden to take the master craftsman's examination at the time of application or afterwards.
- is a natural person
- Citizens of the countries of the European Community and the European Economic Area as well as Switzerland
- Professional qualification was not acquired in Germany, but in another EU/EEA country or Switzerland
- Fulfilment of the requirements of the EU/EEA Crafts Regulation (EU-EEA HwV) issued on the basis of § 9 of the Crafts Code (HwO)
Which documents are required?
- Proof of vocational training and previous professional activity.
- Photocopies of certificates and proof of employment
- Information about the business that you would like to run as owner, shareholder or as plant manager
- Naming of the reason for exception (e.B advanced age, favorable opportunity to take over the company, impending unemployment, etc.)
What are the fees?
Fees apply in accordance with the scale of fees of the competent authority.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
Deadlines may have to be observed. Please contact the competent authority.
What else should I know?
The application principle applies, so that the procedure requires an application to be submitted to the competent authority.
Technically approved by
Lower Saxony Ministry of Economic Affairs, Labour and Transport