Certificate of competence for the security industry: Exhibition
The certificate of competence for the security industry is a prerequisite for the issuance of a license for the security industry and is issued by the competent authority.
The following activities in the security industry may only be carried out after passing the competence test at the competent authority:
- Inspection rounds in public traffic areas or in domiciliary areas with actual public transport
- Protection against shoplifters
- Guarding in the entrance area of catering discotheques
The competent authority shall issue a certificate of competence attesting to the passed examination.
For other security trades, proof of instruction must be issued.
Who should I contact?
The responsibility lies with the Chamber of Industry and Commerce (IHK).
This procedure can also be carried out through a "Point of Single Contact". The "Point of Single Contact" is a special service offered by municipalities and the state for service providers.
Which documents are required?
- If applicable, identity card or passport
- If applicable, examination certificates as other proof of competence (§ 5d in conjunction with § 5 paragraph 1 No. 1-3 Bewachungsverordung (BewachV)
What are the fees?
The fees are determined by the tariff of the competent authority.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
The competence test should be completed in good time – unless there is an equivalent proof of qualification – so that the proof can be attached to the application for a licence for the security industry .
Specialist training courses and test dates can be obtained from the responsible office.
Applications / forms
The registration form for the competence test is provided by the competent authority.
Technically approved by
Lower Saxony Ministry of Economic Affairs, Labour and Transport