Certificate of competence for the security industry: Exhibition
The certificate of competence for the security trade is a prerequisite for the issuance of a permit for the security trade and is issued by the competent authority.
The following activities in the security industry may only be carried out after passing the competence test at the competent authority:
- Inspection rounds in the public transport area or in domiciliary areas with actual public transport
- Protection against shoplifters
- Guarding in the entrance area of catering discotheques
The competent authority issues a certificate of competence for the passed examination.
For other security industries, proof of information must be provided.
Who should I contact?
Responsibility lies with the Chamber of Industry and Commerce (IHK).
This procedure can also be handled through a "point of single contact". The "Point of Single Contact" is a special service offered by the municipalities and the state for service providers.
Which documents are required?
- If applicable , identity card or passport
- if applicable, examination certificates as other proof of competence (§ 5d in conjunction with V.m§ 5 paragraph 1 no. 1-3 Bewachungsverordnung (BewachV)
What are the fees?
The fees result from and are determined by the fee rate of the competent authority.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
The competence test should – unless there is an equivalent proof of qualification – be completed in sufficient time for the proof to be attached to the application for a permit for the guarding trade .
Expert training courses and test dates can be requested from the responsible body.
Applications / forms
The registration form for the proficiency test is provided by the competent authority.
Technically approved by
Lower Saxony Ministry of Economic Affairs, Labour and Transport