Proof of successful participation in the information for the security industry
The instruction takes place at the Chamber of Commerce and Industry and includes at least 40 hours of lessons in which you must be present without absence. Among other things, you will be taught your legal rights and obligations as a security guard as well as techniques for dealing with people in conflict situations.
The lessons are taught in German, so you must have at least B1 language skills.
Following the briefing, you must answer written and oral comprehension questions about the content in order to receive the certificate. With the certificate, you will also be entered in the register of guards.
For the opening of a security company or the use in certain areas, such as refugee shelters, discotheques or other public places, you must pass the more extensive proficiency test for the security industry.
If you have a qualification in a relevant training occupation, for example as a safety and security specialist, you do not have to provide proof of instruction.
The guarding instruction is carried out and certified by the Chamber of Industry and Commerce.
- First of all, you register with your Chamber of Industry and Commerce for the
- The instruction is carried out by the Chamber of Industry and Commerce, takes place orally and lasts about 40 hours.
- After complete participation without absences, you will receive the certificate of participation in the instruction.
- The certificate is also transferred to the register of guards.
After receiving the certificate, you are allowed to take on security tasks as an employee.
Who should I contact?
Contact the Chamber of Industry and Commerce responsible for you.
- German language skills at level B1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
Which documents are required?
- Government-issued photo ID for identification at the time of instruction
- If necessary, further documents, you can find out more details from your Chamber of Industry and Commerce
What are the fees?
You can find out the fees from the respective Chamber of Industry and Commerce (IHK). They result from the respective fee schedule of the Chamber of Industry and Commerce.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
- Please note the possible registration deadline of the Chamber of Industry and Commerce
- The proof of notification is valid indefinitely.
- Duration of the briefing: approx. 40 hours
- The certificate is issued immediately or within a few days.
Applications / forms
- Forms: Registration form of the Chamber of Industry and Commerce
- Online procedure: registration only
- Written form requirement: no
- Personal appearance required: yes, for information
Technically approved by
Association of German Chambers of Commerce and Industry
Professionally released on