Please enter a search term.

Please note:You can only obtain complete information if you indicate the place of residence, the place of business or the building project, depending on the procedure.

Playground equipment with possibility of winning permit

For the installation and operation of play equipment which:

  • are equipped with a technical device influencing the outcome of the game and the
  • offer the possibility of a profit (commodity profit, monetary gain),

traders need a permit from the competent authority.

The competent authority may impose conditions at any time, both on the person setting up the installation and on the trader in whose business a piece of playground equipment is installed.

Who should I contact?

The responsibility lies with the municipality, the Joint Community and the city.

This procedure can also be carried out through a "Point of Single Contact". The "Point of Single Contact" is a special service offered by municipalities and the state for service providers.

Find your Point of Single Contact


  • Required personal reliability of the applicant
  • Approval of the design of playground equipment
  • The installation site complies with the implementing regulations of the Industrial Code (GewO).
  • necessary knowledge for player and youth protection
  • Existence of a social concept

Industrial Code (GewO)

Which documents are required?

  • Extract from the list of debtors and certificate from the insolvency court
  • Certificate from the Chamber of Industry and Commerce (IHK) on the information on the necessary knowledge for the protection of players and minors
  • Proof of a social concept of a publicly recognised institution

In the case of prior, written notification of only temporary activity according to § 13a Gewerbeordnung (GewO) within the scope of the GewO by nationals of a member state of the EU or a contracting state of the Agreement on the European Economic Area, if they are legally established in one of these states for the exercise of the activity, participation in a notification is not necessary if the following documents are provided:

  • Proof of nationality (e.g. identity card or passport)
  • Proof of legal establishment to carry out the activity in a member state of the EU or a state party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area
  • Proof that the pursuit of these activities is not prohibited, even temporarily,
  • Proof that there is no criminal record
  • documents from the State of establishment proving good repute for the performance of the activity,
  • Proof of professional qualification, if your activity is also linked to the possession of certain professional qualifications in the country of establishment
  • failing that, proof that the activity has been pursued in the State of establishment for at least two years during the previous ten years.

In the case of traders from another EU Member State or an EEA Member State, documents issued in the country of origin proving that the requirements relating to the good repute and orderly financial circumstances of the trader are met may be used.

§ 13a Gewerbeordnung (GewO)

What are the fees?

The amount of the fees is determined - according to Annex 1 to § 1 paragraph 1 General Schedule of Fees of the State of Lower Saxony No. - depending on the time required. However, a maximum of EUR 1520.00 will be charged.

General Rules of Fees (AllGO)

What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?

Deadlines may have to be observed. Please contact the competent authority.

Technically approved by

Lower Saxony Ministry of Economic Affairs, Labour and Transport


List ID 309 (whitelist; Status: 13.09.2018)

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Linie6PLus)