Organisation of a trade fair, exhibition or wholesale market: fixing
If a trade fair, an exhibition or a wholesale market is organized, the so-called determination of the responsible body is necessary, provided that the so-called market privileges are sought for this event.
Examples of market privileges:
- Exemption from restrictions on the right to open shops
- Exemption from the provisions of the Industrial Code on the standing and travel trade
- Relaxation of working time regulations, especially on Sundays and public holidays
- certain restrictions on the law on the protection of young people at work
Further information on the topic of "events" can be found in the following services:
- Organisation of a weekly market
- Organisation of an annual or special market
Determination shall be made only on request. A written application is recommended.
A determination entitles the holder to carry out the respective event. If fixed trade fairs, exhibitions or wholesale markets are not or no longer carried out, the organiser must immediately notify the competent authority in writing.
The determination regulates the subject matter, place, time and opening hours of the events concerned.
Information about the possibility of fixing several events at the same time or one event on a permanent basis is provided by the competent authority.
As soon as the event has been determined, a written notification will be issued. The determination may be subject to conditions.
Who should I contact?
The responsibility lies with the district and the district-free city.
This procedure can also be handled through a "point of single contact". The "Point of Single Contact" is a special service offered by the municipalities and the state for service providers.
- personal reliability of the applicant
- Fulfill the requirements of the Industrial Code for the respective type of event
- suitable venue
Which documents are required?
- Self-disclosure of any ongoing investigations, tax debts, fines and list of exhibitors,
- application for determination,
- Site plan with entry of the existing buildings, stands and visitor parking facilities,
- Certificate of good conduct Document type 0,
- Central Trade Register Information Document type 9,
- Tax clearance certificate from the tax office
- Excerpt from the register of associations and statutes
for legal entities:
- Excerpt from the commercial register
- Shareholders' Agreement
What are the fees?
Fees according to Annex 1 to § 1 paragraph 1 General Fee Schedule of the State of Lower Saxony (AllGO) in accordance with No. 40.1.21 and 40.1.22 apply.
Fee: 450,00 EURPayment in advance: Yes
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
An application deadline is not specified by law. However, a timely application (up to six weeks before the start of the event) is recommended.
Processing Time: 3 Months§ 6a paragraph 2 in conjunction with V.m § 6a paragraph 1 Gewerbeordnung (GewO)
What else should I know?
In principle, anyone is allowed to participate in a trade fair, exhibition or market. As an organizer, however, you can limit the event to certain groups of providers or visitors or exclude individual interested parties for objectively justified reasons. However, the selection among the applicants must be made according to objective, verifiable selection criteria. This includes criteria such as attractiveness, balance, versatility and novelty of the business operated by the applicant.
Technically approved by
Lower Saxony Ministry of Economic Affairs, Labour and Transport