Applying for permission for an embryo collection team or semen collection centre
If you want to operate an embryo collection team or an insemination centre in the field of animal breeding, you need a permit.
The authorisation shall be valid for the relevant embryo collection team or semen collection centre and its parts and for the species approved by the competent authority. It is usually granted for 10 years.
This permit can be applied for at the Chamber of Agriculture of Lower Saxony (LWK).
- Fill out the application form online and upload the required supporting documents.
- Alternatively, you can send an informal application with the required documents to LWK Niedersachsen.
- Acceptance of the future embryo collection unit or insemination centre as an on-site inspection plus any necessary conversion measures
- As soon as the required documents are available and the premises comply with the requirements of the Seed Ordinance, permission will be granted.
Who should I contact?
The responsibility lies with the Chamber of Agriculture of Lower Saxony.
This procedure can also be carried out through a "Point of Single Contact". The "Point of Single Contact" is a special service offered by municipalities and the state for service providers.
You will receive permission if:
- a veterinarian manages the embryo collection team or semen collection centre in veterinary technology or the performance of veterinary tasks is ensured by a veterinarian contractually bound to the embryo collection team or semen collection centre,
- the staff necessary for proper operation are available,
- the facilities necessary for the collection, treatment, storage and delivery of semen or embryos are in place, and
- in the case of a semen collection centre, the male breeding animals are present.
Which documents are required?
No documents are required.
What are the fees?
Fees are charged in accordance with the scale of fees of the competent authority.
Fee: 90,00 - 3000,00 EURPayment in advance: No
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
You need permission before commencing your activity. Only after receipt may you pursue your activity.
Processing Time: 1 MonthThe time it takes to obtain permission also depends on whether conversion measures are still required on site and how much time they take.
§ 3 paragraph 1 no. 4 Lower Saxony Ordinance on the Handling of Administrative Procedures for the Implementation of Federal Law via a Single Body and on Processing Deadlines (NeSVO)
Applications / forms
You can submit the application both online and in writing.
An action against the decision may be brought before the competent administrative court within one month of service (notification).
What else should I know?
Further information on the website of the Chamber of Agriculture of Lower Saxony
Technically approved by
Chamber of Agriculture Lower Saxony
List-ID 047 (whitelist; Status: 12.07.2021)
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.