Apply for permission for an embryo collection team or semen collection station
If you want to operate an embryo collection unit or an insemination centre in the field of animal breeding, you need a permit.
The authorisation shall be valid for the embryo collection team or semen collection centre and its parts of the establishment, as well as for the species approved by the competent authority. It is usually granted for 10 years.
This permit can be applied for at the Lower Saxony Chamber of Agriculture (LWK).
- Fill out the application form online and upload the required supporting documents.
- Alternatively, you can send an informal application with the required documents to the LWK Niedersachsen.
- Acceptance of the future embryo collection unit or insemination station as an on-site inspection plus any necessary conversion measures
- As soon as the necessary documents are available and the premises comply with the requirements of the Seed Ordinance, permission is granted.
Who should I contact?
The responsibility lies with the Lower Saxony Chamber of Agriculture.
This procedure can also be handled by a "Point of Single Contact". The "Point of Single Contact" is a special service offered by the municipalities and the state for service providers.
You will receive permission if
- a veterinarian is in charge of the embryo collection unit or semen collection centre or the performance of the veterinary and technical tasks is guaranteed by a veterinarian who is contractually bound to the embryo collection unit or semen collection centre,
- the personnel necessary for proper operation are available,
- the facilities necessary for the collection, treatment, storage and delivery of semen and embryos are in place, and
- in the case of an insemination centre, the male breeding animals are present.
Which documents are required?
No documents are required.
What are the fees?
Fees are charged in accordance with the fee schedule of the competent authority.
Fee: 90,00 - 3000,00 EURPayment in advance: No
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
You need permission before you start working. Only after receipt are you allowed to pursue your activity.
Processing Time: 1 MonthThe time it takes for the permit to be granted also depends on whether conversion work is still required on site and how much time it will take.
Applications / forms
You can submit the application both online and in writing.
An action against the decision can be brought before the competent administrative court within one month of service (notification).
What else should I know?
Technically approved by
Lower Saxony Chamber of Agriculture