Apply for permission for an embryo collection or semen collection centre
If you want to operate an embryo collection unit or an insemination centre in the field of animal breeding, you need a permit.
The authorisation shall be valid for the respective embryo collection unit or semen collection centre with its parts of the holding and for the animal species approved by the competent authority. It is usually granted for 10 years.
This permit can be applied for at the Lower Saxony Chamber of Agriculture (LWK).
- Fill out the application form online and upload the required evidence.
- Alternatively, you can send an informal application with the required documents to the LWK Niedersachsen.
- Acceptance of the future embryo collection unit or insemination station as an on-site inspection plus any necessary conversion measures
- As soon as the necessary documents are available and the premises comply with the requirements of the Seed Ordinance, permission is granted.
Who should I contact?
Responsibility lies with the Lower Saxony Chamber of Agriculture.
This procedure can also be handled through a "point of single contact". The "Point of Single Contact" is a special service offered by the municipalities and the state for service providers.
You will receive permission if
- a veterinarian manages the embryo collection unit or insemination centre in a veterinary and technical manner or the performance of the veterinary and technical tasks is ensured by a veterinarian contractually bound to the embryo collection unit or insemination centre,
- the personnel necessary for proper operation are available,
- the facilities necessary for the collection, treatment, storage and delivery of semen or embryos are available, and
- in the case of an insemination centre, the male breeding animals are present.
Which documents are required?
No documents are required.
What are the fees?
Fees apply in accordance with the scale of fees of the competent authority.
Fee: 90,00 - 3000,00 EURPayment in advance: No
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
You need permission before starting your job. Only after receipt you are allowed to pursue your activity.
Processing Time: 1 MonthThe time it takes to obtain the permit also depends on whether conversion measures are still required on site and how much time they take.
Applications / forms
You can submit the application both online and in writing.
An action may be brought against the decision before the competent administrative court within one month of notification (notification).
What else should I know?
Technically approved by
Lower Saxony Chamber of Agriculture