Please enter a search term.

Please note:You can only obtain complete information if you indicate the place of residence, the place of business or the building project, depending on the procedure.

Investigation authorisation certificate

If you are not yet 18 years old and want to start an employment relationship, you must undergo a medical examination (youth protection examination). Without this study, employers cannot employ young people.
This requires:
  • an examination authorisation certificate (serves as a billing document and must be submitted to the investigating doctor) and
  • a survey form (used to represent the current physical and psychological situation and must be submitted in full to the investigating doctor).

Who should I contact?

You can obtain the examination permit from the competent registration office of your main residence. The choice of doctor is free.

Which documents are required?

identity card or passport or, if available, the children's ID card

What are the fees?

There are no charges. The costs of the medical examination will be borne by the Land, provided that your main residence is in Lower Saxony.

What else should I know?

No youth protection examination is required for young people who are employed during the school holidays for a maximum of four weeks in the calendar year.


Note to the examiner doctors: The costs are billed by the Nds. State Office for Social Affairs, Youth and Family, Hanover Branch Office, Am Waterlooplatz 11, 30167 Hannover


The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Linie6PLus)

Further Links

Single points of contact of the state of Lower Saxony, Single points of contact of the countries of Europe, advice and assistance for EU citizens and their families.