Gambling halls permit
Anyone who wants to operate an amusement arcade or a company that deals exclusively or predominantly with the installation of gaming equipment or the organization of other games requires on the one hand a commercial license according to § 33i Gewerbeordnung (GewO) and on the other hand since 01.07.2012 a gambling permit according to § 24 Gaming State Treaty (GlüStV).
Who should I contact?
The responsibility lies with the district, the district-free city, the large independent city and the independent municipality.
This procedure can also be carried out through a "Point of Single Contact". The "Point of Single Contact" is a special service offered by municipalities and the state for service providers.
Which documents are required?
- Certificate of good conduct
- Information from the Central Trade Register
- Clearance certificate from the tax office
- Information from the List of debtors
- Floor plan for the operating rooms for commercial operation of an amusement arcade (in 3 to 5 versions)
- Floor space calculation
- for new setup:
- Usage permit or building permit
- Social concept to explain with which measures the socially harmful effects of gambling on gaming machines are to be prevented or how these are to be remedied (cf. § 6 State Treaty on Gambling (GlüStV) in conjunction with .dem Annex "Guidelines for the prevention and combating of gambling addiction" to the GlüStV")
The competent body may request further documents on a case-by-case basis. In the case of traders from another EU Member State or an EEA Member State, documents issued in the country of origin proving that the requirements relating to the good repute and orderly financial circumstances of the trader are met may be used.
What are the fees?
Fees according to Annex 1 to § 1 paragraph 1 of the General Schedule of Fees of the State of Lower Saxony (AllGO) are charged in accordance with No. 40.1.10 and No. 220.127.116.11.
Fee: 4000,00 - 20000,00 EURPayment in advance: No
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
There are no deadlines to be observed. However, the activity may not be started until the permits have been granted. Therefore, the application should be submitted in good time so that the necessary application examination can be completed until the planned start of the activity.
Technically approved by
Lower Saxony Ministry of Economic Affairs, Labour and Transport