Travel Trade Permit
You operate a travel business if you commercially offer goods for sale without a prior order (appointment) and operate outside your commercial branch (§ 4 para. 3 GewO) or without having one. The same applies if you visit (distribute) orders for goods or purchase goods, offer services or visit orders for services or carry out entertaining activities as a showman or according to the type of showman.
You can apply for the travel trade card at your municipality or city administration/trade office. To do this, contact the municipality or city administration in which you have your habitual residence or in which the future business will have its registered office.
Who should I contact?
- The contact person is the trade office at your municipality or city administration, in which you have your habitual residence or the future company will have its registered office
- The issuance of the travel trade card presupposes a reliability of the applicant in the sense of trade law.
Which documents are required?
- Identity card or passport with registration certificate of the municipality of residence
- Certificate of good conduct for submission to authorities from the registration office of the main residence
- Extract from the registration office of the main residence
- Certificate in tax matters of the competent tax office
- In the case of legal persons, a certificate in tax matters of the tax office also for these
- If applicable, excerpt from the commercial registered office from the country in which the main registered office is located (only for legal entities)
- If necessary, translation of excerpt from the commercial register (only for foreign legal entities)
What are the fees?
Depends on the respective administrative fee regulations of the state or on the fee statutes of the authorities responsible under state law.
Emission: 377,00 EURPayment in advance: No
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
Only with the handing over of the travel trade card may the activity be started.
Approx. 1 – 3 weeks, if all documents are complete.
- §§ 55, 55a, 55b, 55f of the Gewerbeordnung (GewO) in conjunction with .m. of the Showman's Liability Ordinance (SchauHV), 57 para. 2 and 3, 60b GewO
Applications / forms
- Each city/municipality has different forms that you can have sent to you in advance
- Written form required: no
- Personal appearance when applying on site: no
- Online procedure possible: yes
In Lower Saxony, a pre-litigation procedure is not provided for by § 80 Nds. Justice Act. Therefore, no opposition is admissible. Rather, an action must be brought directly by an administrative court.
What else should I know?
In some cases, you will also need to provide further documents or evidence. Please clarify this with your responsible body.
In the case of legal entities (GmbH, corporate companies, AG, registered cooperatives), the application form must only be completed for the legal entity itself. All personal documents must be obtained for all natural persons entitled to the management (e.B. certificate of good conduct for submission to authorities) or submitted (e.B. personal documents).
In the case of partnerships that are not themselves eligible for approval (GbR, KG, OHG, PartG, GmbH & Co. KG), each managing partner requires a permit (travel trade card), so that an application form and all personal documents are required for everyone.
Technically approved by
Lower Saxony Ministry of Economic Affairs, Labour, Transport and Digitalisation