Registration of hatcheries and establishments producing hatching eggs
If you run one of the following businesses, you must submit an application for registration.
- Hatcheries with a capacity of 1000 hatching eggs or more: Fertilised eggs are hatched in incubators. The hatchlings are delivered to poultry keepers for fattening and pullet rearers.
- Breeding farms of 100 animals or more: breeding chicks, breeding chicks or utility chicks are to hatch from the hatching eggs produced there.
- Propagation farms of 100 animals or more: utility chicks are to hatch from the hatching eggs produced there.
With the registration of your company you will receive an identification number.
In Germany, the identification number begins with DE, the first two digits stand for the respective federal state, followed by a serial number for the establishment (three digits), a digit for the type of establishment and a two-digit number for the poultry species(s) to which the activity of the holding extends.
Please apply for registration in writing using the existing LAPES form:
- Download and print the form online.
- Fill in the form.
- Submit the signed application documents to LAVES. You can send the application by post, fax or e-mail.
- You will then receive the identification number assigned to you and a fee notice by post.
Who should I contact?
In Lower Saxony and Bremen, responsibility lies with the Lower Saxony State Office for Consumer Protection and Food Safety (LAVES), Department 43 Market Surveillance.
Which documents are required?
What are the fees?
Fees apply. The amount will be determined in the course of the proceedings.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
Registration with LAVES must take place before commencing your activity.
Commission Regulation (EC) No 617/2008 of 27 June 2008 laying down detailed rules for the application of Council Regulation (EC) No 1234/2007 as regards marketing standards for hatching eggs and farmyard poultry chicks
Scale of fees for the administration in the field of consumer protection and veterinary affairs (GOVV)
Applications / forms
Currently, it is only possible to apply for the benefit in paper-based form. The corresponding application forms are available on the LAPES website.
You can send the application by post, fax or e-mail.
Legal recourse against the registration notice as well as against the fee notice is open before the competent administrative court. The notices are each accompanied by a corresponding instruction on the right of appeal, from which the locally competent administrative court is indicated.
What else should I know?
Technically approved by
Lower Saxony State Office for Consumer Protection and Food Safety
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.