Registration of hatcheries and establishments for the production of hatching eggs
If you run one of the following establishments, you must submit an application for registration.
- Incubators with a capacity of 1000 hatcheries or more: Fertilized eggs are hatched in incubators. The hatched young chicks are delivered to fattening poultry farmers and pullet rearers.
- Breeding farms with 100 or more animals: The hatching eggs produced there are to be used to hatch breeding chicks, reproductive chicks or utility chicks.
- Propagation farms with 100 or more animals: Utility chicks are to hatch from the hatching eggs produced there.
When you register your company, you will receive an identification number.
In Germany, the identification number begins with DE, the first two digits stand for the respective federal state, followed by a serial number for the establishment (three digits), a digit for the type of farm and a two-digit number for the poultry species(s) to which the activity of the farm extends.
Please apply for registration in writing using the existing LAVES form:
- Download the form online and print it.
- Fill out the form.
- Submit the signed application documents to LAVES. You can send the application by post, fax or e-mail.
- You will then receive the identification number assigned to you and a fee notice by post.
Who should I contact?
In Lower Saxony and Bremen, responsibility lies with the Lower Saxony State Office for Consumer Protection and Food Safety (LAVES), Department 43 Market Surveillance.
Which documents are required?
What are the fees?
Fees apply. The amount will be determined in the course of the procedure.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
Registration with LAVES must take place before you start working.
Applications / forms
Currently, it is only possible to apply for the benefit in paper form. The corresponding application forms can be found on the LAVES website.
You can send the application by post, fax or e-mail.
Legal recourse against the registration notice and the fee notice is open to the competent administrative court. The notices are each accompanied by a corresponding instruction on legal remedies, from which the locally competent administrative court emerges.
What else should I know?
Technically approved by
Lower Saxony State Office for Consumer Protection and Food Safety
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.