Apply for recognition as a forest management association
If you want to set up a forest management association and receive funding for it, you must have it recognised and meet the necessary requirements.
Forest management associations are private-law associations of landowners whose purpose is to:
- to improve the management of the associated forest areas and land intended for afforestation,
as well as the disadvantages
- small area size
- unfavorable surface shape
- Fragmentation of ownership
- of the conflict situation
- insufficient forest outcropping
- or other structural deficiencies
The forest management group must have at least one of the following measures as its task:
- Coordination of the operating plans or farm reports and the business plans as well as the individual forestry projects
- Coordination of projects essential for forest production and sale of timber or other forest products
- Execution of forest crops, soil improvements and stock maintenance work, including forest protection
- construction and maintenance of paths;
- Carrying out logging, wood processing and timber transport
- Procurement and use of machinery and equipment for several of the measures summarised in points 2 to 5
- Submit an informal application.
- Attach all the necessary documents to the application.
- Submit the documents to the Lower Saxony Ministry of Food, Agriculture and Consumer Protection.
- You will then receive information by post about the approval or rejection of the application.
The responsibility lies with the Lower Saxony Ministry of Food, Agriculture and Consumer Protection, Department 4 "Administration, Law and Forestry", Department 406.
- The forest management group must be a person under private law,
- The forest management community must enable a significant improvement in management according to the size, location and context of all closed properties,
- The articles of association or the shareholders' agreement must contain provisions on:
- The task
- The financing of the task
- The right and duty of the forest management community to monitor the fulfillment of the task
- Administrative sanctions or contractual penalties in the event of culpable breach of essential membership obligations
- the obligation of the members to have the timber intended for sale offered for sale in whole or in part by the forest management association, provided that it has as its task the sale of the timber
- If the forest management association chooses the legal form of a cooperative or an association with legal capacity with economic business operations, the articles of association must continue to contain the following points:
- the requirements for acquisition and loss of membership, whereby the membership can be terminated at the earliest at the end of the third full financial year and the notice period must be at least one year
- the institutions, their tasks and the method of decision-making. It must be stipulated that resolutions on the type and scope of the forestry measures to be carried out as well as on common sales rules, unless the Board of Directors is entitled to pass resolutions on them under the Articles of Association, are to be passed by the General Assembly or General Assembly and require a majority of two-thirds of the votes
- If the legal form of a capital company is chosen, it must be ensured that the members jointly pursue the tasks of the community for at least three full financial years.
- It must comprise at least seven members.
- It must allow substantial competition to exist in the timber market.
Which documents are required?
- Informal application
- Description of the size of the area to be cultivated
- Invitation and protocol of incorporation
- List of members
What are the fees?
Fee: 130,00 - 320,00 EURPayment in advance: NoFor recognition, yes according to the time required
Fee: 130,00 - 320,00 EURPayment in advance: NoFor the award ceremony depending on the time required
Fee: 130,00 - 1100,00 EURPayment in advance: NoFor the revocation of recognition depending on the time required
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
The processing time is usually.
2 to 3 weeks.
Processing Time: 2 - 3 Weeks
Applications / forms
You can submit the application for recognition informally by e-mail or by post to the competent authority.
Personal appearance required: No
An action against the decision may be brought before the Administrative Court of Hanover within one month of notification, either in writing, for the record of the clerk of the registry of this court or in accordance with the Lower Saxony Ordinance on Electronic Legal Transactions in the Judiciary (Nds. ERVVO-Justiz) in the currently valid version by submitting electronic documents.
What else should I know?
If the forest management group includes community forests, it may be recognised as such even if it has fewer than seven members.
Technically approved by
Lower Saxony Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Consumer Protection
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.