Application for a determination of the equivalence of rescue training completed abroad for EU and third-country nationals
The professional title "emergency paramedic" is regulated in Germany and is therefore subject to legal regulations. This means that this profession may only be practiced with a state permit, which entitles you to use the professional title "emergency paramedic" and to work as such.
If you have a foreign, comparable degree and want to work as an emergency paramedic in Germany, this is possible with the help of a recognition procedure. Accordingly, you can apply for a state permit from the competent authority. If you are entitled to immigrate to Germany, you can also apply from abroad.
- Acceptance of the application for a declaration of equivalence of training in rescue services completed abroad
- Forwarding of the application for review to a technical college (acts on a voluntary basis), if necessary forwarding to the ZAB (Central Office for Foreign Education)
- Notification of the results of the review
- Issuance of the cost assessment notice for the preparation of the expert opinion
- Depending on the result: Procedure for granting the professional license as an emergency paramedic, if necessary determination of equivalence to the paramedic otherwise processing of the defects found in the report
Applicants must live in Lower Saxony or provide credible proof (by presenting a job start of work) to work in Lower Saxony
- Vocational qualification
- personal suitability
- health suitability
- Knowledge of the German language
Which documents are required?
- an extract from the register of your local registration authority (registration certificate)
- or if you do not yet have a place of residence in Lower Saxony, documents are required that prove the seriousness of your declaration of intent to work in Lower Saxony (e.g. job applications, letters of application or contact with a commissioned recruitment agency);
- a curriculum vitae in tabular form;
- Your birth or marriage certificate in your native language and in German;
- Your identity card or passport
- Your diploma(s) in your native language and in German;
- detailed overviews showing the theoretical and practical subjects, grades and the number of hours of your training (e.g. attachment(s) to the diploma), in your native language and in German;
- detailed overviews of the internships completed during your training (with details of the internship facilities, job characteristics, period, hours/day);
- if professional experience is available in the profession learned: job references, official certificates or workbooks incl. detailed task description of the professional experience gained
- Declaration of consent for data storage
- Proof of German language skills level B2
What are the fees?
Fee: 100,00 - 600,00 EURPayment in advance: No
Processing Time: 6 - 32 WeeksA determination of equivalence is carried out by technical schools on a voluntary basis, depending on the free capacity. If necessary, the involvement of the ZAB is required after an indeterminable period of time, where experience has shown that the processing can take several months
What else should I know?
- In advance, you should contact the Central Service Centre for Professional Recognition (for applicants still living abroad) or the IQ Network Lower Saxony (for applicants already living in Lower Saxony)
- the determination of equivalence and the application for a professional licence are separate procedures
Technically approved by
Lower Saxony Ministry of the Interior and Sport
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.