Entry in the list of consulting engineers
The use of the professional title "consulting engineer" or "consulting engineer" is protected in Lower Saxony. Only those who are registered in the list of consulting engineers or in a corresponding directory of another federal state may use this professional title.
If you have a place of residence or a professional establishment in Lower Saxony or exercise your profession in whole or in part, but not only temporarily or occasionally, in Lower Saxony, are entitled to use the professional title "engineer", have then worked full-time for at least three years or correspondingly longer part-time as an engineer, to deepen your professional practice at least on four one-day job-related If you have participated in further training events, who perform the professional tasks of engineers on a freelance basis and have sufficient professional liability insurance, you can register in the list of consulting engineers and become a member of the Lower Saxony Chamber of Engineers.
You may use the professional title "engineer" protected under § 1 NIngG if the requirements for this specified in § 6 NIngG are met.
Persons who have a qualification from an EU member state, another state party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area or a state treated as such by agreements or other foreign countries require a permit from the Lower Saxony Chamber of Engineers in accordance with §§ 7 to 9 NIngG to use the professional title "engineer" or must be entitled to use the professional title under the law of another federal state.
- Download the form online and print it.
- Fill out the form and add the necessary supporting documents.
- Submit the application documents to the Lower Saxony Chamber of Engineers
- You will either be entered in the list or the application will be rejected
Who should I contact?
Lower Saxony Chamber of Engineers
An application for entry in the list of consulting engineers must be submitted in writing or online using the form provided. The supporting documents referred to under "Required documents" must be attached to the application.
Which documents are required?
- Proof of a university degree
- Persons with a foreign university degree also:
Authorisation to use the professional title "engineer"
- at least three years of professional experience as an engineer
- Proof of participation in at least four one-day job-related training events
- Proof of independent and self-reliant work as an engineer by submitting e.g. excerpt from the commercial register, copy of the articles of association, confirmation from the supervisor that he is not bound by professional instructions and / or confirmation of freelancing by the tax office or tax consultant
- Up-to-date proof of the existence of professional indemnity insurance
- Statement of Reliability
Please have all the necessary documents ready for the electronic application. Without the complete documents, you will not be able to complete the electronic application process and submit your application.
What are the fees?
- 249 Euro one-time registration fee
The following payment methods are possible online:
- Credit card
- SEPA direct debit (without blacklist check)
Fee: 249,00 EURPayment in advance: Yes
If the required documents, including proof of entitlement to use the professional title, are available in full, a maximum of three months.
If the authorization to use the professional title must be checked, usually three to a maximum of four months after all the necessary documents for the previous approval procedure have been submitted.
Applications / forms
Applications can be submitted to the Lower Saxony Chamber of Engineers at any time in writing or online.
- Forms for download (applications for membership)
- Online procedure: Link to the online application
- Personal appearance not required
Administrative court action.
What else should I know?
Entry in the list of consulting engineers entails compulsory membership in the pension fund of the Lower Saxony Chamber of Engineers, unless the applicant has already exceeded the age of 45.
Technically approved by
Lower Saxony Chamber of Engineers
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.