For an area outside of Lower Saxony and foreign languages, some menu items and functions are not available. Please go to the service page of the respective country.

Entrepeneurs assistant

Several authorities were found for your input. Please indicate your district or postal code where you have your company/branch or where you would like to contact the responsible office.

Animal testing approval

If you want to carry out animal tests, you will always need a permit from the State Office for Consumer Protection and Food Safety (LAVES) before the start of the experiment.

Animal testing is intervention or treatment

  • for experimental purposes in animals, if they may be associated with pain, suffering or damage to those animals
  • for experimental purposes on animals which may result in animals being born or hatching that suffer pain, suffering or damage
  • for experimental purposes on the genetic material of animals, where they may be associated with pain, suffering or damage to the mutant animals or their carriers
  • carried out for the manufacture, extraction, storage or propagation of substances, products or organisms
  • are taken by the organs or tissues in whole or in part for scientific purposes or for training, further education or training purposes

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Linie6PLus)

Top of the Page