Entry in the list of structural engineers
In the case of construction measures within the meaning of the Lower Saxony Building Code (NBauO), the stability certificate is checked if the construction project falls under the projects specified in § 65 para. 3 sentence 1 NBauO. For the unchecked erection of the stability certificates, which do not need to be checked within the framework of § 65 para. 2 sentence 1 no. 1, para. 3 sentence 1 NBauO, it is necessary that the installer is entered in the list of structural engineers or is entered in a corresponding directory in another country. The following structures are included in the test exemption: residential buildings of building class 1-3, buildings up to 200 m² floor area; single-storey agricultural, forestry or commercial horticultural buildings with roof structures up to 6 m span, in the case of truss-like roof trusses up to 20 m span.
If you have a domicile or a professional establishment in Lower Saxony or practice your profession wholly or partially, but not only temporarily or occasionally, in Lower Saxony and are entitled to use the professional title "Ingenieurin" or "Ingenieur" due to a degree in civil engineering or building construction, are a member of the Chamber of Engineers of Lower Saxony or are a member of another Chamber of State Engineers, and for at least three years in structural design , you can register in the list of structural engineers.
You may use the professional title "engineer" protected in accordance with § 1 NIngG if the requirements specified in § 6 NIngG are met.
Persons who have a qualification from an EU member state, another state party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area or a state equivalent by agreement or other foreign countries need a permit from the Chamber of Engineers of Lower Saxony in accordance with §§ 7 to 9 NIngG in order to use the professional title "Ingenieurin" or must be entitled to use the professional title under the law of another federal state.
If you are entitled to use the professional title "architect", you can be entered in the list of structural engineers if you have worked in structural design for at least three years.
An application for entry in the list of structural engineers must be submitted in writing or online using the form provided. The supporting documents referred to under "Required documents" must be attached to the application.
Who should I contact?
The responsibility lies with the Chamber of Engineers of Lower Saxony.
This procedure can also be carried out through a "Point of Single Contact". The "Point of Single Contact" is a special service offered by municipalities and the state for service providers.
- Entitlement to use the professional title "Ingenieurin" or "Ingenieur" due to studies in civil engineering or building construction or entitlement to use the professional title "Architektin" or "Architekt"
- The entitlement to use the professional title "Ingenieurin" or "Ingenieur" may be carried out in separate procedures by the Chamber of Engineers of Lower Saxony
- Membership in a chamber of state engineers (not for architects)
- Three years of professional experience in structural design
- the reliability required for the profession
Further details can be found in § 21 NIngG (see legal basis).
Which documents are required?
- Proof of studies in building construction, civil engineering or proof of using the professional title "architect"
- Persons with a foreign engineering degree also:
Authorisation to use the professional title "Ingenieurin" or "Ingenieur"
- Proof of at least three years of professional experience in structural design by submitting test reports and / or static calculations (mainly buildings)
- Confirmation from the responsible supervisor / the responsible structural engineer that the stability verifications have been prepared by the applicant
- Proof of membership in a state chamber of engineers or application (exception for architects), if membership does not yet exist, this must be applied for.
- Statement of Reliability
Please have all the necessary documents ready for the electronic application. Without the complete documentation, you will not be able to complete the electronic application process and submit your application.
What are the fees?
- 350 € one-time registration fee
The following payment methods are possible online:
- Credit card
- SEPA direct debit (without blacklist check)
Emission: 350,00 EURPayment in advance: No
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
There are no deadlines to be observed.
If the required documents, including proof of entitlement to use the professional title, are available in full, a maximum of three months.
If the entitlement to use the professional title must be checked, usually three to a maximum of four months after all necessary documents for the previous approval procedure have been submitted.
Applications / forms
Applications can be submitted to the Chamber of Engineers of Lower Saxony at any time in writing or online.
- Forms for download: Application List of structural engineers
- Online procedure
- Link to the online application
- Personal appearance may be required, e.g. if technical discussion is necessary
Administrative court action.
What else should I know?
Technically approved by
Chamber of Engineers of Lower Saxony.
Professionally released on
List ID 814 (whitelist; Status: 13.09.2018)
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.