Entry in the list of draft authors
According to the Lower Saxony Building Code (NBauO), the design author is responsible for ensuring that the design for the construction project complies with public building law. According to § 53 para. 1 s. 2 NBauO, the design includes the building templates, in the case of construction measures according to §§ 62, 63 NBauO including the documents that do not have to be submitted. This is determined by the Building Templates Ordinance (BauVorlVO). In order to obtain the building template permit, an entry in the list of design authors is required, unless an entry in a corresponding directory of another federal state is already available.
If you have a residence or a professional establishment in Lower Saxony or exercise your profession in whole or in part, but not only temporarily or occasionally, in Lower Saxony and are entitled to use the professional title "engineer" on the basis of a degree in civil engineering, and have worked for at least two years in the object planning of buildings, you can register in the list of design authors let.
You may use the professional title "engineer" protected in accordance with § 1 NIngG if the requirements specified in § 6 NIngG are met.
Persons who have a qualification from an EU member state, another state party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area or a state treated as such by agreements or from other foreign countries, you need a permit from the Lower Saxony Chamber of Engineers in accordance with §§ 7 to 9 NIngG to use the professional title "engineer" or must be entitled to use the professional title under the law of another federal state.
An application for entry in the list of draft authors must be submitted in writing or online using the form provided. The supporting documents referred to in 'Required documents' shall be attached to the application.
- Entitlement to use the professional title "engineer" or "engineer" due to studies in civil engineering
- The authorization to use the professional title "engineer" or "engineer" may be carried out in separate procedures by the Chamber of Engineers of Lower Saxony
- at least two years of professional experience in the field of object design of buildings
- the reliability required for the profession
- Further details can be found in § 21 NIngG (see under Legal basis).
Which documents are required?
- Proof of Studies in Civil Engineering
- Proof of professional experience in the object planning of buildings by submitting prepared building templates within the meaning of the BauVorlVO for buildings over a period of at least two years
- Confirmation by the responsible design author that the submitted building templates have been prepared by the applicant
- Reliability Statement
Please have all the necessary documents ready for the electronic application. Without the complete documents, you will not be able to complete the electronic application process and submit your application.
What are the fees?
- 350 € one-time registration fee
The following payment methods are possible online:
- Credit card
- SEPA direct debit (without blacklist check)
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
There are no deadlines to be observed.
Provided that the required documents, including proof of entitlement to use the job title, are available in full, a maximum of three months.
If the eligibility to use the professional title must be checked, usually three to a maximum of four months after all necessary documents for the previous approval procedure have been obtained.
Applications / forms
Applications can be submitted at any time in writing or online to the Chamber of Engineers of Lower Saxony.
Forms for download (application list of draft authors)
- Online Procedure:
Link to the online application
- Personal appearance may be required, e.B. if technical discussion becomes necessary
Administrative court action.
What else should I know?
The persons entered in the list of draft authors must undergo further professional training in the field of public construction law.
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.
Technically approved by
Chamber of Engineers of Lower Saxony.
Professionally released on