European Patent Attorney Determination of an equivalent professional qualification for admission to the patent attorney profession
A person who is in possession of evidence of education or competence within the meaning of § 1 EuPAG paragraphs 2 and 3 may, for the purpose of admission to the patent attorney's office, apply for a declaration that the professional qualification he has acquired includes the knowledge required for the practice of the profession of patent attorney in Germany.
Who should I contact?
The competence lies with the German Patent and Trade Mark Office.
Which documents are required?
- Original or copy of evidence of formal qualifications or evidence of formal qualifications within the meaning of Article 11(b), (c), (d) or (e) of Directive 2005/36/EC on the recognition of professional qualifications, as last amended by Directive 2013/55/EU
- CV in tabular form in German
- Proof that more than half of the training period was carried out in a Member State or certificate of professional practice
- a statement as to whether an application pursuant to § 1 EuPAG paragraph 1 has ever been filed or an aptitude test has been taken;
- if applicable, proof that differences pursuant to § 2 EuPAG para. 3 sentence 1 nos. 1 and 2 have been fully compensated
What are the fees?
Fees may apply. Please contact the relevant authority.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
Deadlines may have to be observed. Please contact the competent authority
Processing Time: 1 MonthConfirmation of Receipt
Processing Time: 0 - 4 MonthsDecision on the application
Technically approved by
Lower Saxony Ministry of Justice
Professionally released on
List ID 842 (whitelist; Status: 13.09.2018)
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.