European Patent Attorney Determination of an equivalent professional qualification for admission to the Patent Attorney's Office
A person who is in possession of a certificate of training or qualifications within the meaning of § 1 EuPAG paragraphs 2 and 3 may, for the purpose of admission to the patent attorney's office, apply for a declaration that the professional qualification acquired by him includes the knowledge necessary for the exercise of the profession of patent attorney in Germany.
Who should I contact?
Responsibility lies with the German Patent and Trademark Office.
Which documents are required?
- Evidence of formal qualifications or qualifications within the meaning of Article 11(c.b(d) or (e) of Directive 2005/36/EC on the recognition of professional qualifications, as last amended by Directive 2013/55/EU, in the original or in copy
- Curriculum vitae in German
- Proof that more than half of the training period has been carried out in a Member State or a certificate of professional practice
- Declaration as to whether an application has already been submitted in accordance with § 1 EuPAG paragraph 1 or whether an aptitude test has already been taken;
- if necessary. Proof that differences under § 2 EuPAG sec. 3 sentence 1 no. 1 and 2 have been fully compensated for
What are the fees?
Fees may apply. Please contact the competent authority.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
Deadlines may have to be observed. Please contact the competent authority
Processing Time: 1 MonthEntrance inspection
Processing Time: 0 - 4 MonthsDecision on the application
List ID 842 (whitelist; Status: 13.09.2018)
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.
Technically approved by
Lower Saxony Ministry of Justice
Professionally released on