Patent Attorney Admission as In-House Patent Attorney
An in-house patent attorney exercises his/her profession if he/she is entrusted with the performance of tasks pursuant to § 3 paragraphs 2 and 3 of the German Patent Attorney Act (PAO) and § 4 of the Tax Consultancy Act (StBerG) within the scope of his/her employment relationship for his/her employer.
Who should I contact?
The responsibility lies with the Patent Bar Association.
This procedure can also be carried out through a "Point of Single Contact". The "Point of Single Contact" is a special service offered by municipalities and the state for service providers.
Which documents are required?
- Copy of the patent assessornurkunde,
- copies of academic degrees and titles or publicly certified copies if academic degrees and titles are not included in the patent assessor certificate,
- if applicable, proof of six years of experience with a freelance patent attorney in accordance with § 5 paragraph 2 of the German Patent Attorney Code (PAO),
- a copy or a certified copy of the employment contract or contracts;
- the competent authority may require the submission of further evidence.
What are the fees?
Fees are charged in accordance with § 145 of the German Patent Attorney Act (PAO) in conjunction with the fee regulations of the competent authority.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
Deadlines may have to be observed. Please contact the competent authority.
Processing Time: 3 Months
Technically approved by
Lower Saxony Ministry of Justice
Professionally released on
List ID 840 (whitelist; Status: 13.09.2018)
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.