Admission to the Bar Grant as in-house lawyer
Anyone wishing to work as an in-house lawyer or in-house lawyer requires licensing. After admission, the activity may be carried out under the professional title of lawyer (in-house lawyer) or lawyer (in-house lawyer).
Who should I contact?
The jurisdiction lies with the Bar Association.
This procedure can also be carried out through a "Point of Single Contact". The "Point of Single Contact" is a special service offered by municipalities and the state for service providers.
§§ 46a paragraph 2 sentence 1, 33 paragraph 1 Federal Lawyers' Act (BRAO)
Find your Point of Single Contact in the Service Provider Portal Lower Saxony
- General admission requirements for the profession of lawyer
- no grounds for refusal of admission
- Activities according to § 46 paragraphs 2 to 5 Federal Lawyers' Act (BRAO)
Which documents are required?
- publicly certified photocopy of the examination certificate on the acquisition of the qualification for judicial office, on passing the aptitude test or on other admission requirements according to § 4 Federal Lawyers' Act (BRAO),
- CV with photograph,
- if applicable, publicly certified photocopy of the doctoral certificate or proof of the acquisition of another academic degree,
- a copy or a certified copy of the employment contract or contracts;
- job description signed by the employer and the applicant,
- the competent authority may require the submission of further evidence.'
What are the fees?
Fees are charged in accordance with § 192 of the Federal Lawyers' Act (BRAO) in conjunction with the fee statutes of the competent authority.
Section 39 of the Act on the Activities of European Lawyers in Germany (EuRAG)
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
Deadlines may have to be observed. Please contact the competent authority.
Processing Time: 3 Months
Technically approved by
Lower Saxony Ministry of Justice
Professionally released on
List ID 836 (whitelist; Status: 13.09.2018)
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.